Our mission is to create economic empowerment for, heighten awareness of, promote the significance and need for African American cinema as an art form, and to be a voice for independent filmmakers of color.
The Goals of the Charlotte Black Film Festival is to:
- Promote diversity through cultural expressions, dialogue and understanding.
- Promote and display works that express the African American experience.
- Attract economic growth and development to the state of North Carolina and the city of Charlotte by bringing all aspects of the film and television industry into the city.
- Create opportunities to sharpen film production and marketing skills through workshops and panel discussions.
- Provide an opportunity to view the vast film industry resources available in the city of Charlotte.
- Provide an opportunity to network with industry professionals and film enthusiasts.